Friday, November 2, 2007

Faith

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Does faith count if it's contigent on God's performing according to my terms? So many times, my faith has been tested when God did not answer my prayers the way I desired. Over the last year I religiously asked God to prevent my husband's unit from deploying. Three weeks ago yesterday, my husband deployed, one of many from the 101st. Obviously, my prayer wasn't answered in the manner I sought. I wanted God to halt this whole thing and keep my precious husband home. Doesn't he know how miserable I am when he's gone? Doesn't he know how much I need him? Yes and yes, He knows. He knows the innermost thoughts of my heart. Nonetheless, he chose to send my husband to war. Faith comes down to a choice, a decision to honor and trust that God will provide for me. I made a decision years ago to follow Christ, and I will, despite the cost. I will do so with peace, knowing that my will is not always what's best.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comments on your blog. Today I needed to hear it. My husband is in the army and not yet deployed but often leaves for long spans of time for training. I am doing my best to trust God. Again your words are encouraging. Thank you

Tara Warner said...

Thank you for your honesty and encouragement. We all experience this and need to remember this attitude. Hang in there ladies! Our Father knows what is best for us all, even if we don't see it.

Melissa said...

i love this post!! very encouraging.... my husband and i have been married not that long and he got deployed 2 mo after us being married....its deff been a test of faith patience peace and emotional wise ive grown so much...his deployent will be a testimony for us!!